Background: Breast milk is the most ideal biological and physiological first food during the growth and development process due to the presence of protective and nutritional factors and also the needs of children according to their age and phase of growth and development.
Methods: This study aims to determine differences in nutritional status based on BB/U and PB/U for children aged 6-24 months in Mattampa Bulu Village. This study used 47 samples which were measured for body weight and length then the mother filled out a questionnaire.
Result: The results of the study using the Chi Square test showed that there was a significant difference between nutritional status based on body weight in children with exclusive and non-exclusive breastfeeding history with p < 0.05 (p = 0.011), but there was no difference in nutritional status based on PB/ U with p > 0.05 (p=0.913).
Results: Based on the research, it may be concluded that children with exclusive breastfeeding have good nutritional status based on the indicators of BB/U and there is no difference in the incidence of stunting in children with a history of exclusive and non-exclusive breastfeeding
2. Kemenkes RI. (2018). Menyusui Sebagai Dasar Kehidupan. Pusat Data dan Informasi Kemenkes RI.
3. Destyana, Angkasa, Nuzrina. (2018). Hubungan Peran Keluarga Dan Pengetahuan Ibu Terhadap Pemberian ASI Di Desa Tanah Merah Kabupaten Tangerang. Indonesian Journal of Human Nutrition.
4. Dun-Dery and Laar. (2016). Exclusive Breastfeeding Among City-Dwelling Professional Working Mothers In Ghana. International Breastfeeding Journal.
5. Shihab, Quraisy M. (2016). Tafsir Al- Misbah : Pesan, Kesan dan Keserasian Al-Qur’an. Tangerang: PT. Lentera Hati.
6. Ismail, Hidayatullah. (2018). Syariat Menyusui Dalam Al Qur’an. Jurnal At-Tibyan.
7. Michaelsen, K.F. (2019). Breastfeeding and Growth. International Conference on Nutrition and Growth.
8. Molgard, et al. (2011). Milk and Growth in Children Effect of Whey and Casein. University of Copenhagen: Denmark.
9. Nurliawati, Enok. (2015). Faktor-Faktor yang Berhubungan dengan Produksi Air Susu Ibu pada Ibu Pasca Seksio Sesarea di Wilayah Kota dan Kabupaten Tasikmalaya. Skripsi. Universitas Indonesia: Depok.
10. Yablonski, Galia Gat. (2015). Nutritionally-Induced Catch-Up Growth. Journal of Nutrients.
11. Badan Pusat Statistik (BPS). (2013). Komoditas Unggulan Desa Mattampa Bulu.
12. Black, R. (2016). Stunting of Growth in The First Five Years of Life: Causes and Nutritional Interventions. John Hopkins: USA.
13. National Academy Press. (2001). Nutrition During Lactation. Washington D.C
14. Latif, Rr. Vita. (2017). Determinan Stunting pada Siswa SD di Kabupaten Pekalongan. Unnes Journal of Public Health.
15. Motee dan Jeewon. (2014). Importance Of Exclusive Breastfeeding And Complementary Feeding Among Infants. Nutritional Food and Science Journal, Vol. 2, No. 2
16. Martin,dkk. (2016). Review of Infant Feeding: Key Features of Breast Milk and Infant Formula. Journal of Nutrient Vol. 8, No. 279.